Dr. Susan Cunico, Sandyston Chiropractor. I was first enlightened about Chiropractic at a very young age. My dad was a contractor and had a terrible fall off a 2nd story ladder which broke, tumbling him to the ground. He was a very large athletic built man and didn’t want to cover up the pain but rather deal with the cause. Hence he saw a Chiropractor who enabled him to continue to work and be productive. We as well also started to get adjusted for our health, the Dr. said to turn on your power that runs your body. I was always told by my father that I should become a Chiropractor. After going to nursing school and being an R.N. with specialty in the I.C.U./C.C.U. units and R.R. I knew I wanted to see the patients before they got into such terrible health. This is when years later I fulfilled my dad’s dream and my hidden one as well. I have never looked back and have helped thousands of patients reach their true potential of health!
At Home with Dr. Cunico:
I have been married for over 20 years to Marc Cunico, a Captain firefighter down in Hackensack. We have three beautiful children: Morgan is a Doctor of Chiropractic with a Masters in Sports Health Science and a Bachelors in Exercise Physiology. She currently adjusts the athletes at Life University and Kennesaw State University in Georgia. Danny played Division I Baseball at UMASS Lowell and graduated with a degree in Finance. Lauren is entering high school and enjoys basketball, soccer, and horseback riding. We are a very busy family involved in our church community and township boards. We enjoy hiking, skiing, and other family activities. I’m an exercise fanatic;
I love to ski, run, bike, ride horses, and teach well being for life.
- Degree, Life University, Marietta, Georgia, Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) 1992
- Degree, The University of the State of New York, Albany, NY Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) 1986
- Degree, Mountainside Hospital of Nursing, RN, 1984
- 1992: Graduated Magna Cum Laude at Life Chiropractic College
- 1992-89: Chiropractic National Honor Society at Life Chiropractic College
- 1986: Graduated Cum Laude University of the State of New York
- 1984: Most Professional and Best Bedside Nurse at Mountainside Hospital School of Nursing
- International Chiropractic Association
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- Sussex County Chamber of Commerce
- The Foundation for Wellness Professionals
- Established Cunico Family Health and Wellness Center in June 1999
- March 1992 – May 1999: Associate Doctor of Chiropractic in Lafayette, N.J.
- 1984 – 1992: Intensive and Coronary Care Registered Nurse – Kimball Medical Center, Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA
Recovery Room, Same Day Surgery Unit